Now available! Film Festival Secrets: A Handbook for Independent Filmmakers, a new book by festival veteran Chris Holland.
Every year thousands of filmmakers like you unleash their newly completed movies upon the film festival circuit. Whether you’re a first-timer with a comedy short or a seasoned veteran with a documentary feature, you all face the same set of problems. You all ask the same questions. You all want the pleasure of seeing your film play before a festival audience and gain the recognition it deserves.
This is your book.
Film Festival Secrets will help you:
• Select the right festival for your film
• Prepare your festival screener
• Save money on festival fees
• Create marketing collateral
• Craft a screening sell-out plan
- and more!
“Chris Holland’s advice on navigating the film festival circuit is invaluable.”
- Brian Udovich, co-producer of The Wackness and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane
“As a film festival programmer who has also been a filmmaker, I can honestly say that this book succeeds where so many others have failed in terms of describing the realities of the festival circuit.”
- John Merriman, Austin Film Festival Programmer
“Going into the game forewarned can help you create a better plan of attack and make decisions that are best for you and your film. ‘Film Festival Secrets’ can steer you on the right path. I highly recommend this book.”
- Dan Masucci, Fountainhead Pictures
More praise for Film Festival Secrets:
“Phenomenal! Film Festival Secrets asks and answers all the right questions. The most comprehensive, knowledgeable, and informative guide to the festival circuit to date.”
- Adam Roffman, Program Director, Independent Film Festival of Boston
“Chris offers valuable insight, practical advice, and unguarded feedback from a collective braintrust of festival insiders.”
- From the foreword by Gabriel Wardell, Executive Director, Atlanta Film Festival
“I’d like to buy the world a Coke. I’d also like to buy every filmmaker who submits to Sundance and not Slamdance a copy of Film Festival Secrets.”
- Drea Clark, Executive Director, Slamdance Film Festival